The JR team integrated the following equipment in their solution:
• Custom-made hot plate welder
• Interchangeable tooling to run multiple part types
• Fanuc 710 robot with end of arm tool that holds up to (8) parts at once
• Quality verification leak test
• Camera inspection and part quality poka-yoke sensors
• Exit conveyor for automatic unloading
JR created this cell to automate a hot plate welding system that assembles and tests reservoir bottles for radiator coolant. In order to accommodate a wide variety of part types, JR Automation designed several different tooling types for this cell. Satisfied with the results, the customer had JR design several more coolant reservoir cells, including one with a custom hot plate welder that allowed them even more part design freedom than with any they had previously purchased off the shelf. Four cells, dozens of tooling and over a decade later, JR Automation and our customer continue to build upon this successful relationship.