Position Title: Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to: VP, Supply Chain
At Esys Automation, our culture of Excellence, Teamwork and Family is very important to our business and future. We strive to attract and retain the best team members and to be a Workplace of Choice. Our desired environment fosters team work, learning and creativity. And our teams enjoy a high level of autonomy and responsibility that promotes innovative thinking and ownership.
Our Operational Supply Chain team leads continuous improvements to the overall function of JR by driving strategic programs focused on reducing overall cost for everyone involved. Teams are made of talented business-oriented buyers/schedulers who enjoy thinking outside the box with their team to solve practical problems with no standard solution.
- Ensuring the correct parts are delivered to the correct location at the right time for the best price at each Business Unit.
- Analyzes customer demand, sales forecast and historical material usage to develop and execute build to order demand.
- Achieving financial objectives by working with management to prepare the materials budget, scheduled expenditures, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions with suppliers.
- Engaging quoting, engineering, manufacturing, and project management to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Leading the procurement group at the business unit level by assisting the project, buyer/planner with purchasing major components.
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance for suppliers at the business unit.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support purchasing and material control.
- Participate as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Develop material cost forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Improve physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Esys Core Beliefs
- Ensures that Esys products and services continue to be the benchmark within the industry
- Demonstrates a commitment to safe work practices while on Esys, supplier or customer premises
- Understands and effectively employs the Esys Quality Management System (QMS)
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced understanding of all levels of the supply chain process
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, Google Applications (such as Gmail, Calendar and Docs), and ERP systems
- Ability to work onsite within the Esys offices or at supplier and/or customer locations as required
- Ability to interact professionally with suppliers and customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations
- Ability to analyze data and processes, and recommend solutions to enhance productivity and/or efficiencies
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements
- Advanced negotiation skills to achieve best pricing and terms & conditions
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes, including machining techniques
- Strong knowledge of costing items for manufacturing
- Deep understanding of the P&L, revenue growth drivers and financial performance, as well as other finance and accounting principles
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Supply Chain Manager, Analyst, Logistics Coordinator or other similar role
- Proven experience in data mining, analysis, and reporting
- This position directly manages employees within the materials, purchasing and shipping/receiving departments
- Will operate in both a professional office environment and a manufacturing environment
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, scanners, plotters, printers and fax machines
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Will be expected to work on a manufacturing shop floor:
- May involve exposure to hazards
- Work surfaces may be slippery, unstable or uneven
- Shop temperatures may not always be controlled and could vary from hot to cold
- May work in areas where ear, eye, and/or foot protection is required
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities require the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Travel by car and/or plane to company facilities or to customer or advisor locations may be required