Position Title: Manufacturing Operations Manager
**No third party calls or inquiries**
FLSA Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reporting to: Executive Vice President
At Esys Automation, our culture of Excellence, Teamwork and Family is very important to our business and future. We strive to attract, retain and develop the best team members and to be a Workplace of Choice. Our desired environment fosters team work, learning and creativity. Our teams enjoy a high level of autonomy and responsibility that promotes innovative thinking and ownership.
The Manufacturing Operations Manager is a highly disciplined position focused on creating a lean, efficient and high-quality team. This leader is responsible to implement the company’s vision, mission and long-term goals within the organization. The goal is to ensure the manufacturing team is producing high quality, cost effective systems that meet customer timing. This position requires a mindset towards continual improvement and a knowledge and adherence to lean manufacturing principles. This position is for a leader capable of creating a loyal following and a high-performance culture. They are responsible for complete operations of the manufacturing facility.
This position is responsible for the following functions:
- Skilled trades & Build Leader general management
- Shipping & Receiving
- Sequencing & Kitting
- Quality Control
- Facilities Management & Maintenance for entire building
- Machine shop, fabrication, welding and paint
- Purchasing of consumables
- Management and Development of Out-Source Skilled Trades Subcontractors
- Demonstrates a commitment to Esys Core Beliefs
- Provides overall leadership within the manufacturing team, creating a highly-motivated team capable of consistently meeting business needs and customer requirements
- Rigorous adherence to Esys Safety processes. Including training program for existing employees, new employees and contractors.
- Develop and drive the business unit’s strategic business plan along with identifying and reporting out key metrics
- Analyze operational data to ensure strategic plan adherence and alignment of activities. Implement corrective actions when off course.
- Create alignment within the team around the objectives of the strategic plan by soliciting input and using team member feedback during the planning process. This must be followed with regular communications during the year to share progress. Regularly share the “Why” regarding “What” we are doing.
- Create team building events to promote the development of team culture
- Fosters a customer service culture towards our internal and external customers. Development of a “One-Team” Culture.
- Create a "closed loop" between program management/engineering and manufacturing to drive continuous improvement
- Conduct weekly roundtable communication meeting with team to share and give each team member an opportunity to share goings on within the company, team and projects.
- Properly schedule all team members to keep team energized, promote work/life balance, project success and customer satisfaction. Regularly monitor travel requirements. Scheduling needs to be highly visible.
- Fiscal responsibility for project performance to manufacturing budget
- Talent Acquisition / Development / Management
- Leads process development and deployment in the areas of manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, and operational performance measures
- Oversees project schedules and monitors overall project progress
- Oversees and/or develops department budgets and identifies cost reduction opportunities when applicable
- Evaluate machining, fabrication and painting needs, manage capability and capacity as necessary.
- Leads development of 3D Printing strategy working closely with General Managers to assess future needs
- Development of Installation Strategies / Support (Use to flatten curves in build demand)
- Creation of Install Supervisors
- Creation of Install Trailer
- Creation / Training of Team
- Scheduling and organization of resources
- Support Application Engineering team and quoting process by providing input on concepts, hours and material costs
- Ensure that the team has the knowledge, tools, skills and abilities to function efficiently and effectively at their assigned job functions and provide on the job support and training as needed
- Responsible to create and maintain a “World Class” Clean and Organized facility
- Responsible to create and maintain “Line Side Kitting” program
- Responsible to create and maintain “Preventative Maintenance” program
- Proactively manage floor space for maximum efficiency and throughput on a weekly basis
- Responsible for supporting negotiations as needed with customers and suppliers
- Attend project reviews and design reviews for complex projects and/or projects greater than $1M
- Understand and effectively employ the Esys Quality Management System (QMS)
- Other duties as assigned
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced leadership skills with the ability to mentor a team and drive organizational change
- Proficient in project management
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to apply qualitative and quantitative data analysis to solve problems
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, make appropriate decisions, and be comfortable in a setting where schedules and priorities change daily
- Ability to work onsite within the JR/Esys facilities, customer and supplier locations as required
- Ability to interact professionally with customers, and maintain a positive working relationship, which at times may be under difficult circumstances and/or high-pressure situations
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership position in an engineering or manufacturing setting is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in an Account Management or Project Management role, preferably experience that is directly-related to Esys machinery and equipment is preferred
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline
- Will operate in an office environment as well as a manufacturing environment
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, scanners, plotters, printers and fax machines
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be expected to work on a manufacturing shop floor either at Esys or a customer/supplier facility:
- May involve exposure to hazards
- Work surfaces may be slippery, unstable or uneven
- Shop temperatures may not always be controlled and could vary from hot to cold
- May work in areas where ear, eye, and/or foot protection is required
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, or sit; use hands to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities require the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Travel by car and/or plane to company facilities or to customer or supplier locations is required
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position
- Days and hours of work may vary based on the project assigned, with a minimum of eight-hour shifts each day, and a minimum of five workdays per week
- Domestic and international travel to customers and/or suppliers as required
- Travel to other Esys locations as required
- This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice