Liberty, South Carolina
Job Title: Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
About the company: JR Automation was founded in 1980, and has grown to become one of the leading global systems integrators and solutions providers for the industrial automation industry. With over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more. JR Automation designs and builds highly integrated manufacturing systems, including robotic welding, testing, dispensing, material handling, and assembly solutions. JR Automation’s customer base includes the world’s leading automotive, life sciences, aerospace, electronics, and industrial manufacturers. With a keen focus on technological innovation and a strong dedication to their employees, customers, and community, JR Automation is poised to continue its path toward further strategic growth and expansion.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Prepare, improve, and deliver safety orientation for new direct and contract team members.
• Regularly communicate health and safety matters to Mgmt. Team and Company
• Complete the Job Hazard Assessments for Company Job Descriptions
• Maintain EH&S Signage
• Works with 3rd party compliance program to ensure JR Automation remains in good standing.
• Drives continuous improvement in the areas of health and safety throughout the business units
• Completes required recordkeeping including MIOSHA, OSHA, DEQ, and others.
• Keeps current the Health and Safety portion of all Right to Know boards.
• Representing EH&S as required indirect work. May include brainstorming, assessments, and interpretation of Standards.
• Work cooperatively with governmental agencies to ensure high standards of health and safety are met.
• Assists in the review of relevant health and safety updates produced by OSHA, DEQ, or other regulating agencies and advise on impact to the Company including policy updates and changes.
• Conducts routine occupational hygiene investigations and assures that all employees are aware of the hazards posed by exposure to decomposition products and hazardous materials as applicable
• Monitors manufacturing environmental standards/ISO 14001 which includes handling of wastes and permitting issues.
• Analyze accidents and near misses, and searches for patterns to establish corrective actions and reduce the potential for future accidents.
• Provide or facilitate regular education and training which may include, ergonomics, safety, hazardous materials, etc. Actively evaluate gaps and recommends additional training as necessary.
• Champion injury-reduction and safety-culture-improvement efforts, including proactive safety programs, employee engagement, and risk awareness
• Regularly complete facility safety and health evaluations. Educates the team during and after the audits/evaluations regarding issues and concerns that need improvement or change. This includes regularly scheduled safety walks initiated and scheduled by the EH&S Specialist.
• Leads the Return to Work process and recommends and implements improvements
• Develop, write and implement EHS programs.
• May be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
Qualifications (what you'll bring):
▪ Minimum 3 years of Health & Safety program experience with a strong understanding of OSHA standards and titles.
▪ Ability to travel up to 25% to various sites.
▪ Knowledge of environmental laws, regulations, and relevant legislation.
▪ Experience with developing and maintaining an Environmental program and/or processes.
▪ Successfully and Effectively deliver training to a diverse audience, including New Hire training.
▪ Familiar with the use of Industrial Hygiene and its related measurement equipment.
▪ Good verbal and written communication skills
▪ Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
▪ Detail Oriented
▪ Safety Awareness
We realize and appreciate that our strength and competitive advantage is due to our capable team. Our employees are rewarded and recognized for their performance. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program that reflects JR’s high regard for our employees.
At JR Automation, our team of experts leverages the latest technologies, innovative thinking, and decades of experience to meet the automation needs of our customers all over the world. JR Automation currently has over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia with over $600M in sales.
We value creativity, assertiveness, quick thinking, and a passion for technology. Come think, solve, and create with us!
JR Automation provides intelligent automated manufacturing and distribution technology solutions. We transform how the world's leading manufacturers make and distribute products.
At JR Automation, we focus on our customers. And we take care of each other. Large as we've grown, we've held onto our small-business roots, and there's a personal, human touch in everything we do. We work hard, and we work together. We pursue shared interests and mutual benefit. We encourage ambitious ideas, and we never give up or give our second-best effort. Curiosity, humility, and determination in the face of tough challenges help make the world better for all of us. So we believe the future is bright, because we're building it together.