View All Open Positions
EHS & Facility Specialist
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Position Title: EHS & Facility Specialist
**No third party calls or inquiries**
FLSA Classification: Salary, Exempt
Reporting to: Director of Facilities and EHS
- Prepare, improve, and deliver safety orientation for new direct and contract team members. And provides or facilitates regular education and training which may include, ergonomics, safety, hazardous materials, customer required, etc. Actively evaluates gaps and recommends additional training as necessary.
- Complete the Job Hazard Assessments for Company Job Descriptions
- Works with 3rd party compliance program, including customer specific programs, to ensure JR Automation remains in excellent standing.
- Drives continuous improvement in the areas of health, safety and facilities
- Completes required recordkeeping including MIOSHA, OSHA, DEQ and others.
- Keeps current the Health and Safety portion of all Right to Know boards.
- Work cooperatively with governmental agencies to ensure high standards of health and safety are met.
- Assists in the review of relevant health and safety updates produced by OSHA, DEQ or other regulating agencies and advise on impact to the Company including policy updates and changes.
- Analyze accidents and near misses; and searches for patterns to establish corrective actions and reduce the potential for future accidents.
- Regularly completes facility safety and health evaluations. Educates the team during and after the audits/evaluations regarding issues and concerns that need improvement or change. This includes regularly scheduled safety walks initiated and scheduled by EHS & Facility Specialist.
- Leads the Employee Return to Work process and recommends and implements improvements
- Provides safety guidance for shop floor operations
- Communicate EH&S and Facilities matters to the Mgmt. Team and Company.
- Manage and oversee all building systems.
- Oversee and drives preventative and corrective maintenance activities to include successful close out and client satisfaction.
- Evaluate and improve facilities and facility related operations to optimize productivity, cost, and quality.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Forecast, plan and budget future facility renovations, end of useful life replacements and modifications.
- Provides oversight, direction and execution of facility projects including but not limited to: construction projects, equipment projects, and renovations projects.
- Ensure JR facilities and equipment maintain a high level of operations readiness, safety, comfort and reflect positively on JR Automation Esys.
- May be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Note: This list of responsibilities is by no means inclusive; however, it is intended to be a guideline for activities.
- Minimum 3 years of Health & Safety program experience with strong understanding of OSHA standards
- Minimum 3 years of Facilities, Maintenance or Construction experience
- Ability to travel to various sites.
- Successful experience planning, budgeting, and executing of construction, maintenance or facility projects.
- Successfully and Effectively deliver training to a diverse audience, to include New Hire training.
- Experience working with 3rd party compliance programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Problem Solver
- Commitment Driven
- Achievement Driven
- Service Orientation
- Team Oriented
- Safety Awareness
- Quality Oriented
- Having Tenacity