Automation has forever changed our world and how things operate in manufacturing and production environments. Automation in welding processes has improved safety, advanced work, and product quality, and has decreased the amount of material scrap.
Integrating turnkey solutions for GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), laser welding, resistance welding, ultrasonic welding, TIG welding, or other welding technologies into production processes can help to improve your production and ensure consistent outputs.
Years of Welding Automation Experience
We offer expertise in a variety of areas, including metal and plastic welding, GMAW, resistance welding, laser welding, ultrasonic welding, hot plate welding, IR welding, and friction welding. Along with our decades of automation and integration experience, our knowledgeable engineers are ready to help with your project needs.
JR Automation's welding experience includes:
- Laser Welding: Whether the job is big or small, we have experience in laser welding projects across a variety of industries including; electronics, automotive, agriculture, powertrain, and electric vehicles. With over 60+ years of combined laser processing experience, we can contribute to the success of our customer's laser application projects.
- Testing and Development: We are always looking into new ways to automate the welding process. Our team conducts feasibility studies, prototyping, and small production builds in our Weld Lab and Advance Applications areas.
- Tooling: When it comes to tooling, our team can create fully-automated cell designs to match your unique and specific requirements.
- Validation: We check our work by measuring with CMM and utilizing the cut and etch procedure for evaluating quality.
- One-Stop-Shop: While we are a one-stop-shop for welding automation, our experience goes beyond robots. We are flexible and can work with your specific project needs.
Trends in Welding Automation: Fixtureless Welding
Fixtureless welding uses at least two robots, but many more can be used in a system. One robot (material handling robot) positions an item, like a bracket, in place on a large component, and the other robot (gas metal arc welding robot) completes the welding work.
Benefits of fixtureless welding:
- Can reduce the cost of fixtures.
- Utilizes robotic welding to achieve higher production rates.
- Reduces changeover time.
- Utilizes automation and robots to assemble components, filling in gaps in welding labor.
- Offers precise part locations coupled with repeatable welding.
- Scalable to match production needs as your business grows/changes.
- Great solution for high mix low volume opportunities.
Explore Welding Automation Options in the JR Automation Weld Lab
Our welding lab
allows us to work better with customers by developing and prototyping to your specifications before a project starts. With prototyping and concept validation done in-house, we can significantly reduce project time.
Are you ready to explore welding automation options in person? We are excited to be heading to FABTECH this September. Register to attend
and stop by booth B17027 to connect with our welding experts. Register for free by using promo code: 15918542.